_On 13 July 2020, the law transposing article 31 of the directive (EU) 2015/849 (the ’Fourth AML Directive’) and creating a register for trusts and fiduciary contracts (the ‘Law’) was published in the...
Corporate and M&A
_Wildgen advises on the full range of corporate transactions, structures and governance and offers a cutting-edge, fully-integrated service to our clients.
We are able to achieve optimal outcomes across the full spectrum of corporate transactions. We work with our clients to define a transaction strategy with a practical and interdisciplinary approach along each step at both domestic and international levels.
We take care of the most complex procedures and transactions and assist across all areas of corporate law, including:
- Structuring and restructuring of loans
- Financing by debt and equity
- Incorporation of companies and tailor-made structures (including European Companies (SE))
- Corporate governance
- Cross-border and domestic redomiciliation
- Day-to-day transactions
- Legal opinions for support of transactions
Mergers & acquisitions
- Due diligence on Luxembourg entities
- Domestic and cross-border merger and demerger
- Advising international groups on acquisitions in Luxembourg or abroad
- Multi-jurisdictional corporate restructuring and creation of joint ventures
- Drafting of shareholder agreements
Recapitalisation, insolvency and restructuring
- Internal restructuring and refinancing
- Insolvency prevention proceedings, debt renegotiation
- Safeguard and insolvency proceedings
- Distressed acquisitions
Private equity and venture capital
- LBO (Leveraged Buyout) structuring
- Venture capital and development capital
- Debt financing and restructuring
- Management incentive schemes/stock option plans
We have assisted renowned clients across a range of industry sectors. Among them: multinational corporations, entrepreneurial and family businesses, start-ups, banks and financial institutions, investment and pension funds, private equity houses, asset managers & family offices. To better serve our clients on cross-border matters, we also have a representative office in London.
Recent transactions include:
- For a world leader in serving science: major group restructuring and acquisition of a leading company in viral vector manufacturing - Value: EUR 16,700,000,000
- For a major North-American energy company: implementation of new financing structures - Value: USD 15,000,000,000
- For a global professional services firm: acquisition of an insurance broker and group restructuring - Value: USD 5,600,000,000
|Multi-disciplinary partner-led teams|
|Results-oriented and customer-focused approach|
|International network of strategic partners and service providers|
|In-depth knowledge and relevant experience|
|One-stop shop assistance|
|Quick and effective responses|
|Representative office in London|
Wildgen’s Corporate Practice Group members are regularly invited to share insights and contribute to legal publications. We are the exclusive Luxembourg contributor to the company law database (LEGICORP) of the national legal publisher. Wildgen also assisted and advised the publication of the Luxembourg commercial companies code, which is now a reference book for all professionals and students in corporate law.
_Luxembourg is well-known as a global hub for investment funds. Recent data collected by Wildgen Director Dr. Thomas Biermeyer together with his Maastricht University colleague Dr. Marcus Meyer stress...
_This is the 11th episode of our COVID-19 webcast series. In this new episode, Mark Shaw gives a quick run-down of where we are in terms of financial services regulation, corporate law and t...
_In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, voices emerged advocating the postponing of the implementation of the Shareholders’ Rights Directive II (SRD II) Implementing Regulation (EU) 2018/1212 (the ‘...
The Rules Governing the Organisation of Shareholders’, Board of Directors, or Other Supervisory and Management Body Meetings in the Context of the Covid-19 Pandemic
_Despite the declaration of the end of the state of crisis in Luxembourg on 24 June 2020 relating to the COVID-19 pandemic (which had been declared by the Luxembourg government on 18 March 2020), some...
_As a reminder, according to Luxembourg law, annual accounts and consolidated financial statements, as well as related reports (such as management report and audit report) of Luxembourg companies need...
_This webcast provides an overview of Managers and Directors Liability under Luxembourg law in times of financial distress. “May I be liable for what I'm currently doing?” As a manager or director ...
_Is your group of companies faced with challenges in these difficult times? Dr. Thomas Biermeyer, specialised in corporate law and restructuring, launched a series of webcasts on the topic of company ...
Mise en place d’une nouvelle aide d’urgence à destination des travailleurs indépendants (3.000, 3.500 ou 4.000 euros)
_Le gouvernement luxembourgeois a décidé de renforcer le dispositif de soutien aux indépendants touchés par les conséquences financières de la pandémie du COVID-19. En date du 6 mai 2020, le Conseil d...