_Our Fund Finance expert, Michael Mbayi contributed to the Global Legal Insights "Fund Finance Law & Regulations 2021" guide, the book of reference of the industry, with the closing general chapte...
Banking & Finance
_Wildgen Banking and Finance lawyers take care of the most complex regulatory procedures and transactions by combining high accuracy with innovative and strategic solutions.
Our team has proven to be a highly reliable partner across the full spectrum of banking, finance and capital markets services, in Luxembourg and internationally. Our multilingual team acts as a one-stop shop, with expert lawyers dedicated to each case, offering legal and regulatory services that perfectly suit our clients’ needs.
We assist our clients across a comprehensive range of transactional, regulatory and contentious work:
Banking and Finance
- Full legal and regulatory assistance for credit institutions and authorised PFSs
- Asset and project finance
- Financing and collateral
- Financial restructuring and reorganisation
- Securitisation (true sales and synthetic securitisation transactions)
- Payment services
- Digitalisation and innovation
- EU-regulated market (Bourse de Luxembourg)
- Exchange-regulated market (Euro MTF)
- Admission to listing without trading on the Securities Official List
- Public offerings and/or private placements
- Securities listings (bonds, shares, warrants, certificates, investments funds, short-term papers)
- Green exchange eligibility
- Ongoing disclosure requirements, transparency and market abuse
- Capital calls and subscription lines
- NAV-based and hybrid facilities
- Management fees and GP lines
- Financial sector licences
- Banking secrecy
- KYC and AML policies
- MIFID II/MIFIR and PRIIPs
- PSD II and SEPA
- FinTech and RegTech
Our clients include international banking and credit institutions, investment firms, Professionals of the Financial Sector (PFS), management companies, auditors and accounting professionals, economic advisers, investors, borrowers and lenders as well as other professionals subject to the AML/CTF regulations.
Recent transactions include:
- For an international shipping company: Issuance and listing of notes on the International Stock Exchange - Value: EUR 665,000,000
- For one of the world’s leading ground-handling organisations: Global repayment of debt - Value: EUR 500,000,000
- For a leading UK and US private management firm: Consolidation of Italian non-performing loans in a single securitisation transaction - Value: EUR 485,000,000
- For a holding company: Assistance in obtaining loans to finance the purchase of German real estate - Value: EUR 129,500,000
- For several leading financial institutions and banks: Representation in all aspects of the Madoff litigation case and the Espirito Santo insolvencies in Luxembourg.
CSSF Publication of Regulation N°20-09 on the Equivalence of the United Kingdom for the Purpose of the MiFIR Third Country National Regime
_As welcome as it was that the European Commission had reached agreement with the UK on the terms of the UK’s future trading relationship with the EU on Christmas Eve, until any determination is made ...
Circulaire CSSF 20/758 concernant l’administration centrale, la gouvernance interne et la gestion des risques
_La Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) a publié le 7 Décembre 2020 la nouvelle circulaire 20/758 relative à l’administration centrale, la gouvernance interne et la gestion des risq...
_The CSSF issued a new Circular 20/758 on 7 December 2020 in respect of central administration, internal governance and risk management. The new Circular will be applicable to investment firms from 1 ...
_Am 27. Juli 2020 wurde beim Luxemburgischen Parlament (chambre des députés) der Gesetzesentwurf Nr. 7638 (der „Gesetzesentwurf“) eingereicht, der unter anderem die Umsetzung der Richtlinie (EU) 2019/...
_The COVID-19 pandemic has hit Luxembourg as other European countries since the beginning of the year 2020 and has adversely affected a number of issuers under CSSF's supervision. In this context, the...
Annonce de nouvelles mesures de soutien aux secteurs les plus touchés par la crise liée à la pandémie du COVID-19
_Le 13 novembre dernier, à l'occasion d'une conférence de presse, le ministre des Classes Moyennes, Lex Delles, le ministre de l'Economie, Franz Fayot et la ministre de la Culture, Sam Tanson ont prés...
_Six Luxembourg commercial banks (BCEE, BGL BNP Paribas, BIL, Banque de Luxembourg, ING and Raiffeisen) in coordination with the ABBL have implemented measures in order to support the economy and...
_This is the 11th episode of our COVID-19 webcast series. In this new episode, Mark Shaw gives a quick run-down of where we are in terms of financial services regulation, corporate law and t...