In today’s economies where Intellectual Property (IP) and Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) are of increasing importance, focus is on data and brand protection. By combining legal protection, tax planning and financial optimisation, IP/TMT (re)structuring allows high returns on investment. The attractive tax regime for IP income introduced since 2007 in Luxembourg has led companies to consider the financial center as a key player in the field.
To meet clients’ demands, WILDGEN has created a dedicated department with a cutting-edge expertise on both litigation and non-litigation IP and TMT issues.
The Wildgen IP/TMT partner and team have achieved prestigious top rankings in the most authoritative directories to the legal profession in Europe. For the second year in a row, the Legal 500 EMEA guide has ranked Wildgen as a Tier-1 firm in IP and IT and described the team, led by the "outstanding" Partner Emmanuelle Ragot, as "one of the best IT/IP practices in Luxembourg" that provides "‘accurate and practical advice’ across a myriad IP and TMT matters including on data protection, e-commerce issues and trade mark infringement." Emmanuelle Ragot is also top-ranked as leading individual (Band 1) in "Intellectual Property & TMT" by the last edition of the Chambers & Partners for her regulatory knowledge and experience in advising start-ups.
Our team is an expert on the legal and regulatory framework and understands business challenges faced by the IP/TMT sectors. Together with the assistance of our lawyers specialised in litigation, arbitration, tax and corporate law, it is able to advise clients accordingly on:
- E-commerce, internet-related matters, domain names, cybersquatting,
- Software, IT security, cloud computing, data protection and privacy,
- Trademark, copyrights, patents, registered designs and models,
- Trade secrets and know-how,
- Unfair competition and counterfeiting,
- Dispute resolution and litigation with regards to IP and trade practice conflicts,
- Tax consultancy services,
- Life Science and Biomed (Healthcare, medical and pharmaceutical law),
- Sports law.