Our team of leading court-practitioners in Luxembourg has a great deal of experience in the field of litigation and handles a full range of matters regarding civil and commercial law. The services that our litigators offer include traditional representation managing all aspects of cases before the Luxembourg courts at all levels.
In the area of Corporate and Commercial Law, our lawyers deal with all forms of litigation cases related to
- Transport (aviation, maritime, logistics,...),
- Banking, finance and securities,
- Real estate, construction, lease contract,
- Mergers, acquisitions and restructuring,
- Contractual and procedure of seizure,
- Shareholder actions and Partnership disputes,
- Insurance disputes.
We also have extensive experience in all types of Alternative Systems of Dispute Resolution (ADR), such as arbitration and mediation. Wildgen's focus on business law as well as its strategic location in Luxembourg enables us to develop our practice areas in arbitration, and more particularly in international arbitration. Considering the Luxembourg financial market regularly generates international arbitration, Luxembourg has developed its own arbitration centre with its own rules of arbitration (Centre d’Arbitrage de la Chambre de Commerce du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg). In parallel, international commercial arbitration in Luxembourg is also developing independently from the domestic centre and is regularly governed by more “classical” organisations and rules of arbitration (e.g. ICC Court of Arbitration, LCIA, CNUDCI). Due to its neutral tradition and its inspiration by multiple legal systems, Luxembourg Law may be chosen by the parties for both financial and non financial arbitrations. Wildgen provides assistance and/or advice in the course of our arbitration procedures as long as Luxembourg law is applicable, no matter by which international arbitration centre it is governed and wherever the arbitration takes place. Our lawyers can also assist on arbitrations ex aequo et bono.
Our arbitration team provides our clients with a full range of side-services in relation with both international and domestic arbitration, including:
- examination of the opportunity and legality of an arbitration
- drafting of proper arbitration agreements (negotiation to obtain an a posteriori agreement to submit a case to arbitration),
- enforcement of arbitration awards.
Our lawyers can also be designated as arbitrators.
Wildgen also deals with all issues linked to Administrative Law. Out-of-court settlement remains a priority for us but we also possess the skills and expertise to defend cases before Luxembourg administrative courts. Our lawyers are also very active in writing publications and lectures on administrative law and offer their services in French, German and Luxembourgish.
Our administrative law practice covers:
- Permit and regulation enforcement,
- Government contracts and Public tenders,
- Dispute resolution and judicial review,
- Environmental law, Energy and Telecommunication,
- Workplace health and safety,
- Professional regulation,
- Public law aspects of EC litigation,
- Local government and statutory appeals,
- Public law aspects of property development and land use,