Connected with art, digitalisation and robotics, are present, namely within the so called « robotic art » and the « digital art ». Robotic Art - Robotics began to be applied to art around the 1960s w...
Our multidisciplinary dedicated team specialises in art law, the art and auction markets as well as the world of museums and other cultural institutions. It can rely on our tax experts specialised in asset taxation (national and international) and on our IP lawyers specialised in trademarks, intellectual property, and new technologies and it works with an international network of accountants, banks, funds, associations, and other stakeholders in accordance with clients' case or operation.
Our Art team offers practical and concrete legal advice to:
- Art galleries,
- Antique dealers,
- Auction companies,
- Individuals, and
- Institutions such as insurers, banks, and investors.
Our lawyers advise clients on:
- Drafting and negotiation of commissioning agreements, assignment agreements, artistic co-production contracts, and publishing agreements,
- Assisting professionals, institutions and individuals in the drafting of general sales terms and conditions, assuring compliance with applicable regulations; guarantee on authenticity and origin,
- Assistance regarding TRACFIN procedure,
- Assistance in administrative procedure regarding exportation, importation and rules governing protected cultural assets,
- Advising clients on tax issues, free zone / freeport regimes,
- Financing of the acquisition (including investment funds ..),
- Advising clients on insurance issues (authenticity, damage, transportation).
- Representing clients in disputes arising out of private and public auctions (nullity of sale, liability of auctioneers, …).
The special partnership, ideal for its legal flexibility and efficient taxation. A lot has already been said and written about the numerous opportunities in investing in art and why to use Luxembour...
Catherine Cathiard, of Counsel, and Eric Perru, Director, who are both members of the Wildgen Art Law team, have been invited to give their expert opinion into the Deloitte's Art and Finance Report 20...