_Wildgen lawyers provide legal, tax and regulatory support to Luxembourg and international clients across various industry sectors on a wide range of sustainable finance transactions or matters.
The number of investment products pursuing environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives is increasing. European regulations are undergoing significant changes, with measures being introduced throughout the sustainable finance value chain.
Sustainable finance is becoming a regulatory and compliance concern for all market participants and Wildgen is committed to being at the forefront of ESG solutions. We build multi-disciplinary teams from relevant practice groups with the relevant experience to suit each given project.
All financial market participants - not just those pursuing ESG objectives - will need to comply with the EU’s regulatory requirements in the sustainable finance space and assess, monitor and disclose the sustainability of their investments.
NAVIGATING REGULATORY CHANGE:
Implementation of the EU’s Action plan on Financing Sustainable Growth will impact the entire sustainable investment value chain as follows:
1. Re-orienting capital flows towards sustainable investment, in order to achieve sustainable and inclusive growth
- Establishing an EU classification system for sustainability activities
- Creating standards and labels for green financial products
- Fostering investment in sustainable projects
- Incorporating sustainability when providing investment advice
- Developing sustainability benchmarks
2. Mainstreaming sustainability into risk management
- Better integrating sustainability in ratings and research
- Clarifying institutional investors' and asset managers’ duties
- Incorporating sustainability in prudential requirements
3. Foster transparency and long-termism in financial and economic activity
- Strengthening sustainability disclosure and accounting rule-making
- Fostering sustainable corporate governance and attenuating short-termism in capital markets
Our clients include promoters of, and investors into, a wide range of sustainable investing projects, all of whom benefit from our expertise as well as from our commitment to quality.
Recent transactions include:
- Establishing a RAIF to invest in efficient affordable housing in Africa
- Assisting in the structuring of a CCGT power generation project funded by the World Bank
- Advising on the structuring of an impact bond program to increase eye care standards in India and Africa
- Establishing a joint venture to invest in responsibly sourced battery materials and manufacturing
- Advising on tax structuring for microfinance projects lending in Africa and South America
|Strong technical and analytical skills|
|Result-oriented and service-focused lawyers|
|Multi-disciplinary partner-led teams, tailored for each matter|
|Creative and pragmatic solutions|
|Quick and effective responses|
|International network of business partners and service providers|
Sustainability has been at Wildgen’s core for years, both in our client mandates and our own engagement in a range of CSR initiatives. We are proud to hold the ESR label.