_We sit at a fascinating time for the development of environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. Since evolving from social impact investing, ESG investments have enjoyed rapid growth. It is...
_The number of investment products pursuing environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives is increasing, and we have entered a period of significant European regulation, with measures being introduced throughout the sustainable finance value chain.
Wildgen offers a wealth of experience and a strong track record in advising on a wide range of sustainable finance issues and is committed to being at the forefront of understanding of European sustainable finance regulatory developments.
Luxembourg is the largest domicile for sustainable investment funds in Europe, and the Luxembourg Stock Exchange has 50% of the global market share for green bond listings. With its wide range of investment vehicles, network of double taxation treaties and range of experienced service providers, Luxembourg is optimised for sustainable investment projects.
While independent, our firm boasts a wide-ranging and long-established network of experts worldwide with whom we share ideas on best practice in sustainable finance. This enables us to select the best international partner for each matter.
Navigating Regulatory Change
Implementation of the EU’s Action plan on Financing Sustainable Growth will impact the entire sustainable investment value chain as follows:
Re-orienting capital flows towards sustainable investment, in order to achieve sustainable and inclusive growth:
- Establishing an EU classification system for sustainability activities
- Creating standards and labels for green financial products
- Fostering investment in sustainable projects
- Incorporating sustainability when providing investment advice
- Developing sustainability benchmarks
Mainstreaming sustainability into risk management:
- Better integrating sustainability in ratings and research
- Clarifying institutional investors and asset managers’ duties
- Incorporating sustainability in prudential requirements
Foster transparency and long-termism in financial and economic activity:
- Strengthening sustainability disclosure and accounting rule-making
- Fostering sustainable corporate governance and attenuating short-termism in capital markets
How we can assist?
Wildgen can help you in a range of sustainable finance transactions or matters by building multi-disciplinary teams from relevant practice groups with relevant experience to suit each given project.
This could include:
- Structuring the full range of sustainable investments and wrappers, from ESG screening on traditional asset class investment funds or integration into investment processes, through to active ownership by sustainable/ESG funds and targeted impact investing projects across the liquidity spectrum.
- Advising on regulatory requirements and development at a Luxembourg and EU level throughout the sustainable finance value chain.
- Tax structuring for effective capital raising and deployment.
Sustainability has been at Wildgen’s core for years, both in our client mandates and our own engagement in a range of CSR initiatives; we are proud to hold the ESR label.
_Die Auswirkungen des Klimawandels sind bekannt und führen unter anderem zu „Fridays for Future“ und zur Thematisierung auf dem Weltwirtschaftsforum in Davos. Die so oft kritisierte Finanzindustrie, d...
_The growth of investment products pursuing of environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives is well documented, and it is estimated that funds with an ESG component now amount to approximatel...