_March 10th sees the introduction of the EU’s Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation, one of the pillars – alongside the taxonomy regulation, the low carbon benchmarks regulation and the amendments...
_Wildgen provides clients across industry sectors with legal, tax and regulatory advice on a wide range of sustainable finance transactions or matters.
The number of investment products pursuing environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives is increasing. European regulations are undergoing significant changes, with measures being introduced throughout the sustainable finance value chain.
Sustainable finance is becoming a regulatory and compliance concern for all market participants and Wildgen is committed to being at the forefront of ESG solutions. We build multi-disciplinary teams from relevant practice groups with the relevant experience to suit each given project.
All financial market participants - not just those pursuing ESG objectives - will need to comply with the EU’s regulatory requirements in the sustainable finance space and assess, monitor and disclose the sustainability of their investments.
NAVIGATING REGULATORY CHANGE:
Implementation of the EU’s Action plan on Financing Sustainable Growth will impact the entire sustainable investment value chain as follows:
1. Re-orienting capital flows towards sustainable investment, in order to achieve sustainable and inclusive growth
- Establishing an EU classification system for sustainability activities
- Creating standards and labels for green financial products
- Fostering investment in sustainable projects
- Incorporating sustainability when providing investment advice
- Developing sustainability benchmarks
2. Mainstreaming sustainability into risk management
- Better integrating sustainability in ratings and research
- Clarifying institutional investors' and asset managers’ duties
- Incorporating sustainability in prudential requirements
3. Foster transparency and long-termism in financial and economic activity
- Strengthening sustainability disclosure and accounting rule-making
- Fostering sustainable corporate governance and attenuating short-termism in capital markets
Our clients include promoters of, and investors into, a wide range of sustainable investing projects, all of whom benefit from our expertise as well as from our commitment to quality.
Recent transactions include:
- Establishing a RAIF to invest in efficient affordable housing in Africa
- Assisting in the structuring of a CCGT power generation project funded by the World Bank
- Advising on the structuring of an impact bond program to increase eye care standards in India and Africa
- Establishing a joint venture to invest in responsibly sourced battery materials and manufacturing
- Advising on tax structuring for microfinance projects lending in Africa and South America
|Strong technical and analytical skills|
|Result-oriented and service-focused lawyers|
|Multi-disciplinary partner-led teams, tailored for each matter|
|Creative and pragmatic solutions|
|Quick and effective responses|
|International network of business partners and service providers|
Sustainability has been at Wildgen’s core for years, both in our client mandates and our own engagement in a range of CSR initiatives. We are proud to hold the ESR label.
Are You Ready for the First Compliance Deadline under the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation?
_EU Regulation 2019/2088 of 27 November 2019 on sustainability‐related disclosures in the financial services sector (“SFDR”) is a major turning point in the pursuit of a greener financial system. ...
This article also exists in English _Luxemburger Finanzmarktteilnehmer bereiten sich auf die Umsetzung der Massnahmen aus der ersten Stufe der EU-Verordnung 2019/2088 des europäischen Parlamen...
This article also exists in German _As you may already know, the Luxembourg financial market participants are getting prepared to meet the first compliance deadline of 10 March 2021 of EU Regu...
Circulaire CSSF 20/758 concernant l’administration centrale, la gouvernance interne et la gestion des risques
_La Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) a publié le 7 Décembre 2020 la nouvelle circulaire 20/758 relative à l’administration centrale, la gouvernance interne et la gestion des risq...
_The CSSF issued a new Circular 20/758 on 7 December 2020 in respect of central administration, internal governance and risk management. The new Circular will be applicable to investment firms from 1 ...
EU Consultation Paper on Proposed ESG Disclosure Standards for Financial Market Participants, Advisers and Products
_The joint committee of the three European Supervisory Authorities (EBA, EIOPA and ESMA together, the “ESAs”) have issued a Consultation Paper seeking input on proposed Environmental, Social and Gover...
_We sit at a fascinating time for the development of environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. Since evolving from social impact investing, ESG investments have enjoyed rapid growth. It is...
_Die Auswirkungen des Klimawandels sind bekannt und führen unter anderem zu „Fridays for Future“ und zur Thematisierung auf dem Weltwirtschaftsforum in Davos. Die so oft kritisierte Finanzindustrie, d...