_On 31 January 2020, the United Kingdom (“UK”) left the European Union (“EU”). A transition period was agreed between 1 February and 31 December 2020 where the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDP...
Data Protection and Governance
_Wildgen lawyers provide clients with smart and pragmatic solutions for data protection, privacy and cybersecurity and helps them to protect their business and strengthen their reputation.
We are able to achieve optimal outcomes across the full spectrum of corporate transactions. We work with our clients to define a transaction strategy with a practical and interdisciplinary approach along each step at both domestic and international levels.
With today’s management, sales and HR processes along with the Artificial Intelligence used to facilitate our business life, the risk of non-compliance is bigger than ever. We assist our clients at all levels (risk management, marketing, HR, IT, etc.) including board level for governance topics. We help them with their prospects, clients and staff personal data processes, taking into account the technology and communication challenges of today and, where possible, of tomorrow.
Data compliance and protection
- Assessment of policies, procedures and practices
- Governance programme
- Compliance strategies
- Data Protection Officer (DPO) assistance
- Training and coaching
- HR assistance
- Compliance and due diligence investigations
- Litigation and enforcement matters
Cybersecurity and privacy
- Contractual and regulatory information security requirements
- Communications networks and “cloud” storage
- Connected objects and wireless technologies
- Automated vehicles
- International data transfers
- Artificial intelligence concerns
- Internet security and cybersquatting
Data breaches and incidents
- Incident handling and management
- Cyber incident reporting obligations
- First response, confirmed advice and mitigation action plans
- Correspondence and negotiation with regulators
- Interfacing and engaging with third parties
- Data subject notifications
- Complaints monitoring raised by data subjects
- Follow-on claims against involved third parties
Our team advises companies of all sizes, in all industries, on data protection concerns from start-ups to large corporate entities, on whether they require short-term crisis management assistance or a tailor-made program.
Recent transactions include:
- For a Japanese group: Assistance with the implementation of a GDPR compliance process for the group's companies in Luxembourg and across Europe
- For a leading German automotive group: Advice on legal issues related to the development of a mobile application for cars
- For a global integrator of communications products and services: Advice on Internet access services provided by related objects such as cars, laptops and other potential devices in Luxembourg
- For various companies in the fund industry and investment management: Assistance on data transfer agreements from Luxembourg to the USA, data protection and governance issues, implementation of policies and whistleblowing issues
- For various insurance companies: Assistance with implementation of GDPR compliance processes, data-breach matters, data protection and governance issues
|Multilingual and multidisciplinary partner-led teams|
|Accurate, clear and business-focused advice|
|Cost-effective services and representation|
|Dedicated packages tailored for clients' needs|
|Efficiency, responsiveness and availability|
|Open-minded and innovative lawyers|
Le transfert de données à caractère personnel en dehors de l’UE/EEE, notamment aux USA : de nouveaux points d’attention pour les entreprises relevés par la jurisprudence
_Les règles relatives aux transferts des données à caractère personnel («Données Personnelles») vers des pays hors de l’Union Européenne et de l’Espace Économique Européen («Pays Tiers») et plus parti...
This article also exists in English _Selbst in einer Krisensituation, wie der aktuell um sich greifenden Pandemie COVID-19, finden die Regelungen zum Datenschutz Anwendung. Während Arbeitgeber...
This article also exists in German _Even on a situation of crisis such as the COVID-19 pandemic, rules resulting from data protection legislation shall find application. While employers shall prote...
_On March 19th, the European Data Protection Board adopted a formal statement on the processing of personal data in the context of the COVID-19 outbreak via written procedure. Governments, publi...
_Le Règlement (UE) 2016/679 du Parlement européen et du Conseil du 27 avril 2016 relatif à la protection des personnes physiques à l'égard du traitement des données à caractère personnel et à la libre...
_Lors d’un panel qui s’est récemment tenu à Luxembourg sur le thème de l’art et de la finance, il a été l’occasion de revenir sur les mesures qui doivent être prises lorsque la Blockchain est utilisée...
_Depuis le 25 mai 2018, le Règlement (UE) 2016/679 du Parlement européen et du Conseil du 27 avril 2016 relatif à la protection des personnes physiques à l'égard du traitement des données à caractère ...
_Proposal for a Regulation Concerning the Respect for Private Life and the Protection of Personal Data in Electronic Communications On 10 January 2017, the European Commission adopted a proposal fo...