_Once a conflict between shareholders arises, it is of the utmost importance for each party to determine an effective strategy. Legal proceedings before a court (here: the Luxembourg courts) are only ...
Corporate & Finance Dispute Resolution
_Wildgen supports clients with all types of corporate and finance disputes, and it boasts a team of lawyers with in-depth litigation and corporate transactional experience, as well as industry-specific knowledge.
Wildgen’s team of multinational lawyers represents Luxembourg and international clients in high-level and complex corporate and finance disputes at both pre-litigation and litigation levels, including minority and majority shareholder conflicts, director liability cases, investment fund litigation, post-M&A conflicts, securities litigation, and insolvency and restructuring-related disputes.
Our aim is to provide realistic advice on the best course of action to resolve any case, whether it is mediation, arbitration, negotiation or litigation. As much as possible, we encourage parties to settle before the case reaches court in order to avoid the disruption and costs of litigation. However, our services extend to the full range of representation in the courts when required.
- Conflictual board and shareholder meetings
- Risk management for director and shareholder liability
- Fraud and asset tracing
- Corporate information enquiries
- Shareholder and investor litigation
- Corporate governance litigation, including manager liability
- (Post-) M&A litigation
- Securities litigation
- Investment fund litigation
- Insolvency and restructuring litigation
Alternative dispute resolution
- Analysis of the opportunity and merits of arbitration
- Arbitration agreements
- Enforcement of arbitration awards
- Legal opinions/witness statements on Luxembourg corporate and financial legal subjects in foreign legal disputes
- Negotiation advisory to solve conflicts out of court
- Drafting and negotiating of settlement agreements
Our lawyers have experience in handling a wide variety of disputes, both domestic and international, either outside the court or in all tribunals, and combine strategic and practical advice for businesses and high-net-worth individuals.
Recent disputes include:
- Foreign expertise in cross-border fund litigation in a major financial scandal
Value: EUR 2,000,000,000
- Representation and cross-border assistance in contesting the fraudulent transfer of a group of companies in the telecommunications business - Value: EUR 1,300,000,000
- Representation in a shareholder dispute in relation to a group of companies active in the retail sector
Value: EUR 2,000,000,000
- Representation in major corporate asset tracing and freezing proceedings
Value: EUR 1,000,000,000
- Representation in the complex cross-border corporate litigation procedures of a Russian group of companies - Value: EUR 80,000,000
- Representation in a complex corporate litigation procedure concerning a group of companies active in the real estate sector - Value: EUR 100,000,000
- Representation in a shareholder dispute in relation to a real estate company
Value: EUR 10,000,000
Wildgen is ranked as a 'Highly Recommended’ firm in ‘Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation’ by Leaders League.
_Before shareholder conflicts arise, it can be beneficial to follow certain guidelines in order to ensure that conflicts do not arise at all, can be mitigated, or that a stronger position can be achie...
_Conflicts between managers and shareholders are a regular occurrence. For shareholders it is of the utmost importance to have an effective strategy in place to overcome such conflicts. The followi...
_Even though it is preferable that shareholders find a solution to their conflict without having to initiate legal proceedings, in many cases, legal proceedings cannot be avoided, as parties cannot, o...
Shareholder Conflicts (in Luxembourg): the Importance of Having Clear Articles of Association and a Shareholder Agreement
_The prevention of conflicts between shareholders should start long before a potential conflict arises, namely at the moment the parties become shareholders in a company. This is the start of the rela...
_This webcast provides an overview of Managers and Directors Liability under Luxembourg law in times of financial distress. “May I be liable for what I'm currently doing?” As a manager or director ...
_Is your group of companies faced with challenges in these difficult times? Dr. Thomas Biermeyer, specialised in corporate law and restructuring, launched a series of webcasts on the topic of company ...