Thomas joined Wildgen as an Associate in 2015.
He formerly worked for a renowned international law firm, a law firm in the Netherlands and an international legal consultancy in Brussels.
Thomas is also Assistant Professor at Maastricht University in the field of European corporate and competition law. In his doctoral degree he examined the protection of third-parties in cross-border company seat transfers in the EU.
He is the author of the study on the application of the Cross-Border Merger Directive conducted for the European Commission and collaborated with the European Parliament on different studies in the field of EU company law.
Thomas has been a member of the Luxembourg Bar since 2016.
- Doctorate degree (PhD) in EU and Comparative Corporate Law (Maastricht University - The Netherlands),
- Visiting Researcher (Paris-Sorbonne University - France),
- Visiting Researcher (Harvard Law School - United States),
- Visiting Researcher (Oxford University - United Kingdom),
- Master (LLM), European Law School (Maastricht University - The Netherlands),
- Bachelor (LLB), European Law School (Maastricht University - The Netherlands),
- Bachelor in European Studies (BA) (Maastricht University - The Netherlands).
_ Since the introduction of a law dated 21st December, 2007, a privileged Luxembourg tax regime exists for income and capital gains in relation to certain IP rights by the insertion of a new article 5...
Find below an excerpt of the article published in the ACE magazine 2016/04 (Ed. Kluwer, Luxembourg), contributed by Yann Payen, Director, Charles Krier, Director, and Thomas Biermeyer, Associate. On 2...
International Conference on the Cross-Border Mergers Directive: EU Perspectives and National Experiences
_As Corporate lawyer at Wildgen and Assistant Professor for European Corporate and Competition Law at the Maastricht University, Thomas Biermeyer was solicited to speak at the international conference...