AlphaWeek Webinar - From Short Term Attitude to Long Term Perspective – An Overview of Responsible Investing in the EU
_On 10 November, Mark Shaw, Investment Fund Partner & Head of the London Office, will be a speaker during the second session of AlphaWeek’s series of webinars: Europe Made Simple For Non-EU Fund Managers.
"From Short Term Attitude to Long Term Perspective – An Overview of Responsible Investing in the EU"
Europe leads the way in sustainable investing, with both asset owners and asset managers doing more than other regions to push the sustainable finance agenda. This webinar will look at:
- The Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation
- EU Commission Action Plan on Sustainable Finance
- What is it and where do we stand with the regulation?
- Extraterritorial effects of the regulation for non-EU managers marketing in EU
- Taxonomy Regulation
- Why do we need a Taxonomy regulation?
- Where do we stand with the regulation?
- Brexit and Taxonomy
- The revamp of the non-financial reporting directive
- To whom does it apply?
- Why do we need to revamp the non-financial reporting?
- Challenges for financial market participants and small medium enterprises
Furthermore, we’ll look at how the current Covid-19 pandemic is affecting ESG considerations.
- Is the ‘E’ as prioritised as it was before given the increase in social unrest and the Black Lives Matter movement?
- Just how have ESG funds been performing in Europe?
- Mark Shaw, Partner, Wildgen
- Jean Louis Catrysse, Founder and Managing Partner, InReg
- Cliodhna Murphy, Executive Director, MUFG Investor Services