AlphaWeek Webinar - Dipping your Toes or a Full Dive? Launching your Firm and Fund in Europe
_On 13 October, Mark Shaw, Investment Fund Partner & Head of the London Office, participates in the first session of AlphaWeek’s series of webinars: Europe Made Simple For Non-EU Fund Managers.
"Dipping your Toes or a Full Dive? Launching your Firm and Fund in Europe"
Establishing a presence in Europe is a natural growth option for non-EU based investment managers. This webinar will discuss the current state of play and some options currently available to non-EU Alternative Investment Fund Managers interested in venturing into Europe including:
- The National Private Placement Regime
- Current state of play and national gold-plating rules
- Reverse solicitation
- Cross Border Distribution Directive and pre-marketing
- The Manco Solution
- When does it make sense to have an EU Fund Product?
- Standalone Funds or White Label Solution
- What’s on the horizon for non-EU Managers willing to enter the EU from Ireland
- The AIFMD review
- At what stage are we with the review?
- Harmonisation between UCITS and AIFMD
- Delegation and substance and the effect of changes on management companies
- Mark Shaw, Partner, Wildgen
- Eoin Motherway, Ireland Country Head, AMX
- Attilio Veneziano, Founder, Veneziano & Partners