Our multidisciplinary dedicated team specialises in art law, the art and auction markets as well as the world of museums and other cultural institutions. It can rely on our tax experts specialised in asset taxation (national and international) and on our IP lawyers specialised in trademarks, intellectual property, and new technologies and it works with an international network of accountants, banks, funds, associations, and other stakeholders in accordance with clients' case or operation.
Our Art team offers practical and concrete legal advice to:
- Art galleries,
- Antique dealers,
- Auction companies,
- Individuals, and
- Institutions such as insurers, banks, and investors.
Our lawyers advise clients on:
- Drafting and negotiation of commissioning agreements, assignment agreements, artistic co-production contracts, and publishing agreements,
- Assisting professionals, institutions and individuals in the drafting of general sales terms and conditions, assuring compliance with applicable regulations; guarantee on authenticity and origin,
- Assistance regarding TRACFIN procedure,
- Assistance in administrative procedure regarding exportation, importation and rules governing protected cultural assets,
- Advising clients on tax issues, free zone / freeport regimes,
- Financing of the acquisition (including investment funds ..),
- Advising clients on insurance issues (authenticity, damage, transportation).
- Representing clients in disputes arising out of private and public auctions (nullity of sale, liability of auctioneers, …).
Tuesday, 21 June 2016
Connected with art, digitalisation and robotics, are present, namely within the so called « robotic art » and the « digital art ». Robotic Art - Robotics began to be applied to art around the 1960s...
Tuesday, 17 May 2016
The special partnership, ideal for its legal flexibility and efficient taxation. A lot has already been said and written about the numerous opportunities in investing in art and why to use...
Tuesday, 10 May 2016
Catherine Cathiard, of Counsel, and Eric Perru, Director, who are both members of the Wildgen Art Law team, have been invited to give their expert opinion into the Deloitte's Art and Finance Report...
12 May 2016
The Committee for the Diversity Charter Lëtzebuerg organises for the second time in Luxembourg the National Diversity Day. This unique event aims at bringing together companies, public organisations and associations to...
21 April 2016
On Thursday 21 April 2016, Eric Perru, Director who specialises in the art industry sector, will be in Amsterdam in the framwork of the 9th Annual Art & Finance Conference co-organised by the Van Gogh Museum and...
19 April 2016
LAFA et Wildgen ont le plaisir de vous inviter à la conférence « L’authenticité de l’oeuvre d’art : du concept à la réalité du marché » qui sera suivie par une visite guidée de l’exposition “Bubblelicious” par SUMO...
18 March 2016
Wildgen, Partners in Law and LAFA have the pleasure of inviting you to a Luxembourg conference that will take place at the TEFAF Maastricht on Friday 18 March 2016. David Maria, Partner who specialises in tax and...
22 October 2015
As one of the founding members of the Luxembourg Art Law and Art & Finance Association, Wildgen has great pleasure in inviting you to the inaugural launching ceremony to be held on October 22nd from 18:30 to 21:00...